STEPS FOR BINARY SUBTRACTION USING 1’s and 2’s Complement Method
- Make equal no of bits in both minuend and subtrahend
- 1’s Complement of subtrahend if you’re performing subtracting using 1’s complement method.
- 2’s complement of the subtrahend if you’re performing subtraction using 2’s complement method
(Also view how to calculate 1’s and 2’s complements here.)
- Add result of step 2 with minuend to calculate the last sum.
- Inspect the last sum for carrying or overflow bit with the following conditions to calculate answer.
Example for further understanding.